Re: [SI-LIST] : IC DIE SHRINK

Scott McMorrow ([email protected])
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 15:40:46 -0700

The answer is that stuff gets faster if left uncontrolled.
It appears that the output drivers were well controlled
during the process shrink. Although to be sure the measurements
need to be made with a scope that has sufficiently high
bandwidth (> 1GHz). However, inputs become faster,switch
faster and become more susceptable to signal integrity
issues that were ignored (filtered out) before. Technically,
the gain bandwidth product of the inputs becomes higher
during the process shrink. CPLDs are extremely sensitive
to this effect, since the array itself often acts as a filter.

Scott

--
Scott McMorrow

mailto:[email protected] ___________________________