Re: [SI-LIST] : Characteristic impedance

Dennis Tomlinson ([email protected])
Fri, 29 May 1998 09:45:16 -0500

Hi Philippe,

As noted by others, your cable is neither simple nor controlled.
If you cannot adequately beat down this problem using series termination
(not really "termination", rather more like damping, I'd say)
and/or edge rate control, then you might need to look into a
controlled impedance cable/interconnect solution (plus
appropriate termination).

Check the depth of your pockets, then navigate to:

http://www.precisionint.com/new/ribbon.htm

This is an Amp site which shows a ribbonized miniature coax
interconnect.

For some controlled impedance interconnects using flexible
circuit techniques, see:

http:// www.parlex.com/hsi.htm

and

http://www.allflex.thomasregister.com/olc/allflex/whento.htm

and many more.

Good luck,

Dennis

Disclaimer: I have no monetary interest in any of the above companies.