RE: [SI-LIST] : Cross section geometry for the previous post

Chung, Chee Yee ([email protected])
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:54:00 -0700

Lidu,
there is a paper that discussed this:

WT Weeks, LL Wu, MF McAllister and A. Singh, "Resistive and Inductive
Skin effect in rectangular conductors," IBM J. Res. Develop, pp.
652-660, vol. 23, np.6, Nov. 1979

we have found that with most of commercial EM solver, the skin effect is
not computed correctly at very low frequency (do not know why?).
instead of relying on the result, we usually assume the internal
inductance to be constant (DC value) when the width of conductor is less
than 2*(skin depth) and decreases with sqrt(f) in dB for greater.

chee-yee

_________________________________
Subject: [SI-LIST] : Cross section geometry for the previous post on
Author: Lidu Huang [SMTP:[email protected]] at MSXGATE
Date: 4/21/98 11:01 AM

Thank you all for your great thoughts. Here is the cross
section geometry. The busbar is made of copper.

| |
|_____________| height = 0.11 mm

width = 0.43 mm

The busbar is about 15.6 mm long. It is treated as
isolated stand alone case. Mutual inductance is not
considered in this case.

Thank you for your attention and time!

Regards,

Lidu