Re: [SI-LIST] : Convert an IBIS model to SPICE Model.

D. C. Sessions ([email protected])
Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:18:05 -0700

John Synesiou wrote:

> D.C.
>
> Your solution is one way to solve this problem in SPICE, but a far easier
> method would be to use a SPICE simulators that can do behavioral modeling
> using lookup tables. Some examples are SPICE 3 B-elements with if-then-else
> extensions, or XSPICE extensions (many SPICE vendors offer XSPICE
> extensions).

I think we're in violent agreement. To recap:

1) SPICE simulators vary in the way they handle behavioral
modelling.
2) IBIS outputs are essentially piecewise-linear conductors.
3) Time-domain behavior involves interpolating between the
ON-state V/I model and the OFF-state V/I model and back for
both the pullup and pulldown sections.
4) This last involves another simulator-dependent implementation.

--
D. C. Sessions
[email protected]