Re: [SI-LIST] : Evaluation of Vendor tools on SI list

Don Abernathey ([email protected])
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 18:31:01 -0800

On Dec 11, 5:05pm, Fred Balistreri wrote:
> Subject: Re: [SI-LIST] : Evaluation of Vendor tools on SI list
> Don Abernathey wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm on Richard's side. I think it is a little funny when vendors ask
> > us users to discuss tool problems in private.
> >
> > On Dec 11, 5:11pm, Richard A. Schumacher wrote:
> > > Subject: Re: [SI-LIST] : Evaluation of Vendor tools on SI list
> I wonder if you would feel the same way if tool vendors start discussing
> about various stupid SI mistakes various customers make in public!
>
> Regards,
>-- End of excerpt from Fred Balistreri

Hello!

Since when do we customers charge the tool vendors for our expertise?
Since when do we customers put together slick advertising campaigns
touting our excellence? Since when did we customers charge tool
vendors maintenance for information that may or may not be
forthcoming? How often does a tool vendor sit on hold waiting for a
customer to provide the vital information needed to provide a superior
solution? Since when did the tool vendor assume all risk and liability
for product introduction delays due to tool shortcomings?

I think you've got something twisted here.

Remember who pays the bills.