RE: Re[2]: [SI-LIST] : Decoupling capacitor selection & plac

Peterson, James F ([email protected])
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:35:43 -0500

Ravinder,
I am interested in your power plane capacitance analysis. Apparently
you've done some tests in this area. Empirical data is always good.
Could you give me the details of how you tested and what type of numbers
you got from your measurements.
I am considering straying from a dual stripline approach in my stackup
to put a +5 and gnd next to each other. The reason was to add some high
freq. capacitance to the board. Text books have stated that a pwr and
gnd plane separated by 10 mils of FR-4 have a capacitance of 100 pF/sq
inch. Does that match what you saw in your tests?
If not, I might reconsider my approach...
Thanks in advance for the info,
Jim Peterson
[email protected]