[SI-LIST] : AMPredictor

Michael Allen ([email protected])
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:25:39 -0400

Mike,

You are right that a SPICE-based tool can do more than just
transmission line simulation. AMPSPICE is an enhanced version of
SPICE 3f5 and it has all the capabilities of a SPICE engine.

The IBIS-to-AMPSPICE Converter translates the IBIS data file into a
non-linear analog behavioral AMPSPICE model that can be used to run
SPICE simulations.

The 2-D field solver included in the AMPredictor suite of tools can
generate transmission line models of various geometry. The engineer
can use the model in his critical net Spice simulation to see the
delays, noise, crosstalk, overshoot/undershoot, etc..as well as
finding the characteristic impedance of the stackup.

I've been using AMPredictor to simulate differential-signal
applications and backplane designs. I find it to be a very powerful
Spice-based signal integrity tool.

Mike Allen,

From: Mike Mayer []
Sent: Friday, September 05, 1997 10:32 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [SI-LIST] : SI Software

I've been looking into software to do pre-layout signal integrity
analysis of high speed digital designs. I've looked at HyperSuite,
AMPredictor and talked to Viewlogic about ISIS/Quad. Has anybody used
any or all of these? Any advantages/disadvantages from the fact that
AMPredictor is SPICE-based? They have an IBIS->SPICE convertor to
allow use of IBIS models. Am I right in assuming a tool such as
AMPredictor could do more than just transmission line simulation since
it is SPICE-based?
Thanks.

======
Mike Mayer                                                    Heurikon
Corp.