[SI-LIST] : IBIS model question

Peterson, James F ([email protected])
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 13:09:21 -0400

Andy I think your partly right (see below), the IBIS goal was initially
to model just component i/o, but I believe it has evolved to include
interconnect. Although I've never seen one, I've heard of connector IBIS
models that are made available from connector manufacturers. Also if you
look at the IBIS spec., version 3.0, around page 39 you will see that
interconnect is definitely included in the latest spec.
But what I'm looking for (a twisted pair cable model for a high speed
ecl differential i/f analysis) might be a variation of a package
model....possibly? suggestions?
thanks for your feedback,
jim