Re: [SI-LIST] : skin effect and transmission line simulators

[email protected]
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 11:20:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Al Barber wrote:

> Chris Simon wrote:
> >

> > The simulator I'm looking for should include all of the following:
> >
> > I would be interested in hearing which of the above criteria are met by
> > other tools, or whether a future revision will incorporate these >features.
>
> There is an additional feature I'm surprised you don't mention. How
> about crosstalk among multiple lines?
>
> Al Barber
> Hewlett Packard Labs

Crosstalk not only appears between multiple parallel lines, but also
between vias. Our recent study shows that electromagnetic coupling between
vias is often as significant as or sometimes even more significant than
the coupling between parallel traces. A signal integrity software tool is
better to be able to accurately model the coupling between multiple lines,
vias, as well as the voltage fluctuations in the power and ground supply
systems.

Jiayuan Fang
SUNY-Binghamton