Re: Ground Plane Info

Howard W. Johnson ([email protected])
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 15:25:59 -0700 (PDT)

I may be able to offer some help, depending on the
particular configuration of interest.
Do you mean:
the discontinuity between, say, a +5v plane and a +3.3v plane
the discontinuity between a mother-and-daughtercard arrangement
the discontinuity jumping over a big hole created by a connector
the discontinuity created by an array of via holes
or perhaps some other configuration

Best regards,
Dr. Howard Johnson

>Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 12:32:42 -0500
>From: [email protected] (F.Hart)
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Ground Plane Info
>Content-Md5: PxxYSnaYqynvr5xSB0r+UQ==
>
>Ray's timing couldn't be better.
>
>I'm looking for literature/references on analysis of ground plane
>performance. Specifically, I'm interested in any work that has been
>done on characterizing the impact of ground plane discontinuities.
>I'm going to be doing analysis myself, but would rather not reinvent
>the wheel, if possible.
>
>Any help or direction would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Fran

>|| || ||
>|| Frances G. Hart || e-mail: [email protected] ||
>|| Austin, Texas || Phone: (512)984-6869 ||

Howard W. Johnson, Olympic Technology Group, Inc.
U.S. tel (206) 556 0800 // fax 206 881 6149 // email [email protected]