Re: Wanted...PCI bus 3V driver/receiver models

Ben Andresen ([email protected])
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 17:43:41 -0600

Gary, what you are requesting is in violation of PCI protocol. There can only
be one signaling level on a PCI bus. A universal PCI interface will have
macros that work in either 3V or 5V signaling environments, but they need to
meet all the 3V signaling specs when the PCI voltage is connected to 3V and
all the 5V specs when the PCI bus is connected to 5V. This includes clamping
inputs to the 3V rail in the 3V signaling environment. Anything else is non-
compliant to PCI spec.

FYI, Texas Instruments has several ASIC product lines containing universal PCI
inputs and outputs which ARE fully PCI compliant in both 3V and 5V
environments. If you are interested I can have our marketing department send
you additional information.

Regards,