RE: [SI-LIST] : the old high-frequency return current model

Eric Bogatin ([email protected])
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:24:55 -0500

Tom-

the red TDR plot is measured right at the source, so you see it first. The
signals at the end of the pair are delayed by the TD of about 800 psec, just
the time of flight for about 7 inches of trace. The two diff signals in the
first slide have no added delay, and their midpoints are coincident. In the
second slide, there is a delay skew of 1/2 a rise time, 50 psec, which you
see as the hump in the yellow trace and the peak in the blue trace. There is
an additional delay of 100 psec in the right trace since this one has a 1
inch gap inserted, while the left picture does not. Does this answer your
question, or did I miss understand?

--eric

Eric Bogatin
BOGATIN ENTERPRISES
Training for Signal Integrity and Interconnect Design
26235 W. 110th Terr.
Olathe, KS 66061
v: 913-393-1305
f: 913-393-1306