RE: [SI-LIST] : Ibis models

Chris Rokusek ([email protected])
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:19:27 -0700

Jim, Abe,

> Abe, are you sure of the XTK monotonicity requirement? I seem to recall
> that the earlier versions of XTK required monotonicity almost
> everywhere,
> but the newer ones relaxed many of those requirements. Quad stopped
> supplying hard-copy manuals with new versions of software sometime last
> year, so any official Quad manuals you might have are probably obsolete.
> The online docs are still being updated with each release.
>
> Anybody from Quad/Viewlogic High Speed Design care to comment?

Recent versions of XTK don't mind if individual curves are non-monotonic
when the keyword "NON_MON" is present (see docs). When using this keyword
its crucial is that each logic STATE (sum of appropriate I-V curves) is
monotonic (this is verified and fixed if necessary during IBIS translation).

Chris