Re: [SI-LIST] : IBIS models

Kim Helliwell ([email protected])
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:10:00 -0700

Yep! TI's the one, but I wasn't going to say so!

At least, TI gives you a model for each type of pin;
some vendors don't even do that much. I recently saw
a model that only gave the output buffer model, but
no input buffer model (even though there were input
pins).

But you're right: we should gripe the manufacturers about
these bad modeling practices.

Mike Mayer wrote:

> Thanks for the replies to the IBIS [Pin] question. The manufacturer in
> question is TI. I have let them know that the IBIS spec requires them
> to specify every pin. Although I am grateful for the fact that there
> is a model available at all, I also feel that unless I speak up about
> the shortcomings of models the situation will never improve.
>
> --
> Mike Mayer Artesyn Communication Products, Inc
> Madison, WI
> http://www.artesyn.com/cp

Kim Helliwell
Senior CAE Engineer