Re: [SI-LIST] : IBIS models

Kim Helliwell ([email protected])
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:52:05 -0700

I've seen this quite a lot, actually. At least one vendor
I use tends to do this. OTOH, that particular vendor is way
ahead of many others in providing anything at all in the way
of IBIS models, so I don't complain too loud.

I also note that very few vendors appear to care about nonmonotonic
data in the pullup and pulldown curves, and many don't bother to
provide models for all the pin types, let alone specify each pin.

In short, it's a jungle out there.

Kim

Mike Mayer wrote:

> I have found several IBIS models that use the [Pin] keyword but only
> model a couple of pins. For example, an octal buffer in a 20-pin
> package that only includes statements for one buffer input pin, one
> buffer output pin, Vcc and Gnd. My reading of the IBIS spec would say
> that this is non-compliant. In Section 5 under "Usage Rules" for the
> [Pin] keyword the first sentence states "All pins on a component must
> be specified.".
>
> 1) Am I correctly interpreting the IBIS specification?
>
> 2) How common are models of this type?
>
> --
> Mike Mayer Artesyn Communication Products, Inc
> Madison, WI
> http://www.artesyn.com/cp

Kim Helliwell
Senior CAE Engineer