Re: [SI-LIST] : Need Information on effect of 45 degree angles on high speed signals.

Ritesh Kapahi ([email protected])
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:36:52 -0700

Hi Paul
There is a very good article on right angle traces by Dr. Brook in the site
www.ultracad.com which actually proves that we don't have to even worry for
90 degree angles unless the rise time is really around 17 to 20 pico seconds
Hope it helps
Bye
Ritesh Kapahi
-----Original Message-----
From: Denomme, Paul S. <[email protected]>
To: '[email protected]' <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, August 03, 1999 11:33 AM
Subject: [SI-LIST] : Need Information on effect of 45 degree angles on
high speed signals.

Hello All,

I am trying to find out at what frequency does a 45 degree angle in
circuit traces have a large affect. Has there ever been a study on the
impact of 45 degree angles on circuit board traces? If so, where can I
get
some further information.

Howard Johnsons book states "Don't worry about 45 degree angles they
are fine as is." Has anyone ever had a problem that contradicts this
statement?

I am designing a board right now that has clock frequencies up to
622 MHz. I believe I will not have any problems using 45 degree angles
at
622 MHz, but would appreciate anyone's input on this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul S. Denomme
Backplane Design Engineer
Viasystems Technologies Inc.
Richmond, VA 23113
804-226-5355
E-MAIL: [email protected]

si-list, for more help, put HELP. si-list archives are accessible at
http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu/si-list ****