Re: [SI-LIST] : si-list posting etiquette

Kim Helliwell ([email protected])
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:53:34 -0700

Ray Anderson wrote:

> Si-Listers:
>

> Time for a gentle remeinder to all list users regarding job
> postings (and responses to same) on si-list.
>

> The existing stance on job postings is:
>
> Occasional postings by working engineers and hiring managers
> looking to augment their staffs are OK. HR and head-hunter
> postings are to be discouraged. Please limit the job postings
> to a simple description of the job, candidate requirements,
> and other pertinent info along with a contact phone number or
> e-mail address. Please try to not be too "commercial".
>
> (Most users seem to comply with the spirit and intent of this
> really well. A remarkable feat with about 1400 subscribers ! )

Let me add that "pertinent info" should include the geographic
location of the opening. Many of the postings that have been
sent do not include this, and it requires then an extra email
exchange from anyone interested to determine whether the geographic
area is a match to the candidate's needs.

I really can't understand why anyone should have to point this
out!

--
Kim Helliwell