Re: [SI-LIST] : OVERSHOOT/MAX. VOLTAGE RATING

Matt ([email protected])
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:14:12 -0500

hi,

The problem, at least for ASIC vendors, is that I don't know all the
circuits that you are going to have on the chip and so we have to assume
that something in the chip won't like high frequency noise coupled onto
the power rails.

Even if the IO rails are issolated from the core supplies (something
that is not really possible for a common ground substrate) That noise
could also get coupled through the package.

That is why alot of times all that you see is the DC max level which
is essentialy the limit for not turning on the clamp diodes.

This is a limit that I have been struggling with so any comments on
how to look at this would be appreciated.

matt