Re: [SI-LIST] : even-odd mode influence

Ron Miller ([email protected])
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:15:28 -0700

--------------CCB890BEDB5CBE1848F4A570

Hi

HP Advanced Development System, simulation tools along with their
picosecond interconnect suite which has models for parallel bussed
interconnections provides accurate results for the interaction/corsstalk
between transmission lines.

The simulation is done in the frequency domain, transformed back to
the time domain as an impulse response. This impulse response is convolved
with the time domain input to produce the circuit response.

Very accurate but can be time consuming.

Ron Miller

Douglas McKean wrote:

> At 05:57 PM 7/15/99 +0800, Weber Chuang wrote:
> >Hi si-gurus,
> >
> > I have a question that I would appreciate if I can have your comments,
> >what the syndrome is if the system is impacted by even-odd mode
> >interconnection effect, and are there tools that could accurately simulate
> >the even - odd mode effect?
>
> My understanding is:
>
> Even mode impedance gives common mode noise.
> Odd mode impedance gives differential mode noise.
>
> I'll stand corrected on this ...
>
> Regards, Doug McKean

Ronald B. Miller  _\\|//_  Signal Integrity Engineer
(408)487-8017    (' 0-0 ') fax(408)487-8017
Brocade Communications Systems, 1901 Guadalupe Parkway, San Jose, CA  95131
[email protected],  [email protected]

--------------CCB890BEDB5CBE1848F4A570 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> Hi