RE: [SI-LIST] : Which signal integrity tool to use

Chan, Michael ([email protected])
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:13:57 -0500

SI Tool Guru:
I believe the below issue has been brought up for debate
sometime ago and I
recall somebody claims that HYPERLYNX is easily to use but the circuit
simulator is not
so accurate. Is this statement still valid and/or if any tool expert(s)
elaborate on this? Your
atttention is much appreciated. How is the circuit simulator of Hyperlynx
compare with the
W-element of Hpsice, SpecctraQuest and ICX and what made the latters more
accurate ( as
claimed by some experts ) than the first one ?

Regards,
MChan
Compaq Computer Corp.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jostein Pettersen [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 1999 9:00 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [SI-LIST] : Which signal integrity tool to use

Hi,

I'm looking for a signal integrity/EMC tool to use. HyperLynx seems to
be widely used, and a price of about $10k seems reasonable to me.

However, when I look at f.ex. ViewLogic's XTK, the price is about 10x
that of HyperLynx. If these to tools comply to the rule that you get
what you're paying for, then there is a lot of nice stuff that I cannot
do in HyperLynx that I can in XTK or similar expensive signal integrity
tools.

Is my suspicion right? When is HyperLynx not enough? Are you guys out
there generally satisfied with HyperLynx?

Thanks,

Jostein Pettersen