Re: [SI-LIST] : GND on the outer layers

Steve Weir ([email protected])
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:41:22 -0700

Jon,

I would not recommend swapping the top layer as a reflection plane. The
top layer usually is so full of large voids for components that you will
get significantly larger current loops than routing signals on top with a
nice much more solid reflection plane underneath. Once the top layer is
committed to signal, and the one beneath it is a plane, it is a good idea
to mirror that arrangement on the bottom to prevent warping.

Regards,

Steve Weir.