Re: [SI-LIST] : Question about Multiple PWBA Ground

Jeff Seeger ([email protected])
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 14:57:18 -0400

[email protected] wrote:

> Its been my experience that tooth washers biting into
> PCB metal always loosen.

Particularly with thermal excursions.

> We've had much better luck
> by adding a flat washer between the tooth washer and the pcb.
> The flat washer provides a hard surface so that the tooth
> washer can be compressed between the flat washer and
> the screw head.

This is absolutely the correct way to do this and my
hasty post neglected this detail, sorry!

--

      Jeff Seeger                         Applied CAD Knowledge Inc
      Chief Technical Officer                  Tyngsboro, MA  01879