Re: [SI-LIST] : Bonding options to short Busses on a die

Sandy Taylor ([email protected])
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 22:40:30 -0700

"R.S. Krishnan" wrote:

> I am investigating options to short power / ground busses using
> bonding techniques rather than having to tape out another mask.

There are services available using focussed ion beam equipment.
They can etch through passivation layers and oxides to expose the
power and ground lines. They can also deposit thin metal films
to create the short you need.

The services are available on an hourly rate, you should be able to get a
few parts done for less than $500. It has been a few years since I have used
the services, but you can find them easily with your favorite search engine.
If you are interested I could find a contact for you.

Sandy Taylor

CMOS Solutions (360) 376 3815
321 Point Lawrence Rd Fax (360) 376 6692
Olga Wa 98279