Re: [SI-LIST] : Cross hatched planes

Adrian Shiner ([email protected])
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:46:03 +0100

Considering the flexing stresses on sharp corners, whether diamond or square cross hatch:-

Why go for sharp corners, these are mechanical stress raising areas?

Why not make the ground plane solid and perforated with a mesh of round holes?

Holes can be variable (choatic) size to control impedance in critical areas.

Should be easy for the PCB layout tools software makers to get their heads around.

Adrian