Re: [SI-LIST] : eye pattern definition

Ron Miller ([email protected])
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 13:20:56 -0700

--------------76E10EBFB04612C2DC0E76F9

John

Go with the fiber channel definitions. Although there are many conflicting
statements in the various sections, copper, jitter, FCPI etc, most of what
you will find in a broader spectrum of inputs has crept in there.

Ron Miller

"Ellis, John R" wrote:

> This is as much a poll as it is a question:
>
> FCI will be benchmarking a number of cable constructions based on the
> bandwidth/channel in Gbps. I'm looking for a "standard" signaling protocol
> and eye definition that will be meaningful to most of my customers.
>
> I'm leaning towards using the fibre channel inputs and mask as a baseline
> since it is readily recognizable to many people. Does anyone have a more
> meaningful definition of eye characteristics?
>
> John Ellis

Ronald B. Miller  _\\|//_  Signal Integrity Engineer
(408)487-8017    (' 0-0 ') fax(408)487-8017
Brocade Communications Systems, 1901 Guadalupe Parkway, San Jose, CA  95131
[email protected],  [email protected]

--------------76E10EBFB04612C2DC0E76F9 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> John