Re: [SI-LIST] : connector substitution for high speed signals

Adrian Shiner ([email protected])
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 21:26:32 +0100

--------------98B8AD2ED88C711FB135708E

Realistically, I doubt that you will get the relevant information from
the manufacturer(s) in order to compare.

Some parameters which affect RF performance:-

Dielectric constant and losses of material between conductors
Spacing of conductors (variable through connector)
Diameter or other geometry of individual conductors (variable through
connector)
Material of connector conductors
Contact resistance
Proximity and effectiveness of shielding
Impedance matching to input and output

Good luck & feedback would be nice!

Adrian