Re: [SI-LIST] : 20-H Rule for Power Planes

S. Weir ([email protected])
Sun, 30 May 1999 20:03:59 -0700

Vinu,

It sounds like you are suggesting that the imposition of the remaining
substrate makes a significant difference in the field distribution.
Intuitively, I do not expect that to help a whole lot. It would be
interesting to see if anyone has actually run an FEA analysis on this to
quantify whether a useful amount of shaping does in-fact take place. Have
you run any test cases through a tool?

Regards,

Steve.