Re: [SI-LIST] : 20-H Rule for Power Planes

Vinu Arumugham ([email protected])
Sat, 29 May 1999 23:23:52 -0700

Can the implementation of the 20-H rule not be viewed as replacing an abrupt impedance discontinuity at the edge of the board, with a gradual discontinuity? If so, it will have the effect of "smearing" the resonant peaks and reduce
the radiated power at any given frequency.

Vinu