Re: [SI-LIST] : question about timing analysis

Scott McMorrow ([email protected])
Thu, 27 May 1999 08:30:42 -0700

Andrew,

Yes. By subtracting out the time the driver takes to reach
threshold with the standard test load, you calibrate your
simulation to the test circuit.

Technically, you subtract the time that the in-circuit simulation
crosses threshold at the receiver from the time that the test
load simulation crosses threshold at the driver to obtain your
loaded flight time. (The manufacturer only guarantees timing to
the test load.) This can then be placed in your setup and
hold timing equations to determine if you meet spec.

Regards,

Scott