Re: [SI-LIST] : Flat Ribbon Cable substitutes

Roland F. Portman ([email protected])
Tue, 25 May 1999 16:53:09 -0700

Try looking at WovenElectronics. I used them some time ago.
Woven Ribbon Cable

peter baxter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at some of Parlex Corps laminated, shielded flat cable
> as a substitute for 40-way flat ribbon cable. Unshielded, the cable has
> a characteristic impedance of around 100 ohms but with the silver
> conductive ink "shield" applied, it drops to 33 ohms. This is a bit too
> tough for me to drive. Otherwise the cable would be ideal.
>
> I was wondering whether anyone knows of other companies that make
> "interesting" cables that I should know about. I know of Gore and
> Precision Interconnect.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Baxter

Roland F. Portman
BiT Microsystems, Inc.
48499 Milmont Drive
Fremont, CA  94538

(510) 623-2341 Ext 129 (510) 623-2342 Fax (925) 328-7182 Pager

[email protected] http://www.bitmicro.com