RE: [SI-LIST] : Acronyms list

Muranyi, Arpad ([email protected])
Tue, 25 May 1999 11:05:23 -0700

To all,

In closing this thread (I hope), here is a list that I started based on
the responses posted so far. I hope this will satisfy the curiosity of
those who didn't know what those things "that could have been left off
without any harm done" mean and help them to join the club. (I would
still prefer not to use most of these, though).

At the same time, I want to apologize for starting this conversation and
using up EMAIL bandwidth, because I feel it wouldn't have happened if I
didn't ask.

Arpad
AFAIK As Far As I Know
AFK Away From Keyboard
ATM At The Moment
BBL Be Back Later
BBS Be Back Soon
BFN Bye For Now
BRB Be Right Back
BTW By The Way
CUL See You Later
ETLA Extended Three Letter Acronym
F2F Face To Face
FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
FUBAR F*** Up Beyond All Recognition
FWIW For What It's Worth
GD&R Grinning Ducking, and Running (after snide remark)
GFY Good For You
GYAT Get Your Act Together
GYST Get Your S*** Together
HAND Have A Nice Day