RE: [SI-LIST] : Advice for long bus?

Kowal, Keith ([email protected])
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:18:48 -0400

chris,
8" etch is a good number to shoot for with the 33mhz with 5 device loads
/ I found the Flash to have
no drive capacity at all , I would have liked to buffer the flash part but
it worked anyway . I think there
may be trouble with 66mhz bus with heavy loading. I used 3 volt logic
also...so if you can afford some delay use some bi-directional parts to
off-set the heavily loaded bus. ABT573, etc...it will clean up the bus.
the other thing is
is ALE or (eq.) this must also buffered (along with other control
signals).... so be
very carefull in layout to observed min/max and hold time requirements of
all your
bus parts.

keith kowal