Re: [SI-LIST] : TDR measurements

Mark Randol ([email protected])
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:00:48 -0700

Khalid Ansari wrote:

> Could somebody help me locate some good literature on TDR measurements
> that would help me figure out capacitance values on a transmission
> line. I would love to find something that would train me on all
> aspects of TDR measurements. I am using a Tek 11801B oscilloscope.

YEARS ago Tektronix had a book that went into more detail than
you'd probably care to know about TDR, why it works, what it
means, and what to do about it. They hadn't published it for
years the last I'd seen it, but check with your Tek representative
and they should be able to tell you if it's back in print/available,
or at least tell you the title, ISBN number, and/or author. I
found a copy at the Arizona State University engineering
library at least 5 years ago, so I don't have ready information
handy. If you find it's available again, I'd be VERY interested!

Mark Randol, RF Systems Engineer        | Motorola SPS, Inc.
(480)413-8052 Voice                     | M/S EL379
(480)413-4150 FAX                       | 2100 E. Elliot Road
[email protected]                | Tempe, AZ 85284