Re: [SI-LIST] : Package Parasitics Modelling

Lynne Green ([email protected])
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:16:30 -0800 (PST)

Qualification takes time - often months, depending on whether a design is
done by a fabless house or a foundry. Sometimes "qualified" releases mean
things pass DRC and LVS checks, and simulate clean. I have worked with a
number of companies, including 8 years as a consultant, and you would be
amazed at what is released, and how little documentation is available to the
customer.

While I cannot comment specifically on what Duet is doing, I have seen
interesting things from a number of vendors that makes me take these
things with an extra grain of salt.

For those with an interest, the Fabless Semiconductor Association (FSA) has
a modeling interest group and www page. Similar issues (ESD, parasitic
extraction, wire & package modeling) arise there from time to time.
(To subscribe, send a message to [email protected], leave
the subject field blank, in the body of the message type
subscribe fsa_modeling)

- Lynne
resumes available - please inquire

E-Mail: Lynne Green <[email protected]>