Re: [SI-LIST] : Package Parasitics Modelling

Christian S. Rode ([email protected])
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:17:38 -0500

Still, 3 ohms (?) is much better than 0.05 ohms. I guess I wrote that
last message from an obsolete perspective. In days gone by I think
they intentionally used to add a poly serpentine resistor (over thick
field oxide) to limit the discharged current. How they get to 10KV
input protection today is beyond my ken.

A modern model might then be 3 ohms in series with
protection diode capacitance + 100 ohms (several squares of
20 ohm /sq diffusion/poly) in series with the input gate capacitance
(negligible?)