Re: [SI-LIST] : si-list policy on HTML postings

Mike LaBonte ([email protected])
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:49:06 -0800

Istvan,

I think the issue is that some people use mail tools like Netscape
and Eudora that may be formatting ALL outgoing mail messages as
HTML or RTF. These tools usually have a preference setting to disable
this. But many people using them do not even know that their mail
is going out as anything other than plain text. I polled a number of
Eudora users in my company, from whom I have received formatted mail.
Not one knew that their outgoing mails had formatting content in them,
which looks somewhat less readable in a no frills-mail tool.

So creating special places for formatted mail will not help until the
people sending formatted mail know that they are doing so. And when
they find out, they only need to disable it when posting to large
audiences.

Mike