[SI-LIST] : T-line models & simulation

Lynne Green ([email protected])
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 15:25:33 -0800 (PST)

re: Modeling transmission lines

For those who really want to stay in the time domain, there are a number of
SPICE versions that now have both lossy and coupled T-line models. HSPICE from
Avant! is one that comes to mind. There are probably a number of others.

Another option is to write your own model (such as MAST or VHDL-AMS languages),
but this can get hairy. Not for the novice. Not supported in all simulators.

Biggest problem with time domain simulators is they can do weird things if the
line is near a multiple of lambda/4; timestep contral should be watched. This
should not be a major issue for ICs in packages.

Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs