RE: [SI-LIST] : Atomic animation

Warren, Steve ([email protected])
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:34:58 -0700

Hi Doug:

Sandia's Quicksilver project team has some good particle-in-cell video clips
(likely in .avi format for PowerPoint use) that illustrate the passage of
charged particles in 3D structures (upon which are embedded finite
difference time domain grids).

I would suggest that you look at
http://www.sandia.gov/pulspowr/ppeng/qs.html and
http://www.ppt.sandia.gov/projects/imgvulib/imagelib/#browse . A good still
image that (1) can be accessed from the latter site and (2) represents (I
think) what you are shooting for in terms of visual effect can be found at
http://www.ppt.sandia.gov/cgi-bin/get_image?qs1011

Alternatively, you could contact one of the following individuals for more
information:

Mark L. Kiefer, Ph.D.
Manager
Electromagnetics and Plasma Physics Analysis Department
Sandia National Laboratories
P.O. Box 5800, M/S 1152
Albuquerque, NM 87185-1152
Phone: (505)845-7271
Email 1: [email protected]
Email 2: [email protected]

Michael Pasik, Ph.D.
Electromagnetics and Plasma Physics Analysis Department
Sandia National Laboratories
P.O. Box 5800, M/S 1186
Albuquerque, NM 87185-1186
Phone: (505)845-7261
Email: [email protected]

It is not clear to me at this point if this is what you need, but it is
pretty interesting stuff to watch, if nothing else ...

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Warren, Ph.D.
Sandia National Laboratories
Principal Member of the Technical Staff
Simulation Technology Research Department
P.O. Box 5800, M/S 1179
Albuquerque, NM 87185

Phone: (505) 844-4473
Fax: (505) 844-0092