RE: [SI-LIST] : Copper pour beneath oscillators,

From: Ken Cantrell ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 07:24:57 PDT

David and Shoaib,
Well, I do it differently. I do a local pour under the oscillator, then
aspect ratio stitch the pour to the nearest ground plane, which I make sure
is a very small vertical distance from the pour during the stack up
determination. I look at it as a little bucket to big bucket set up. The
little bucket provides a low inductance path, provided by the stitching, to
the big bucket, decreasing the turbulent flow during impulsive events.
Ken