[SI-LIST] : pecl termination

From: Binoj G. S. ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 05:25:29 PDT

HELLO ALL,

             I am using a differential pecl to ttl and ttl to differential pecl translator in my design in which the differential pecl o/p is using to drive one fo transceivers(hfbr 5903).As the fo transceiver i/p are in a different level I used capacitor coupling and biased the differential o\p at the fo i/p side.what I did is, biased the lines to middle of fo i/p (1.96v) with a thevenin termination which provides a 50 ohm impedance.
But what I read is that the termination voltage should be vcc-2,i.e. 1.3v(3.3-2).How can I satisfy both of this condition or I am doing something false?The fo I/p levels are as follows
     vil min-1.49v vil max-1.825 vih min-2.135 vihmax-2.42
Thanks for replying
Binoj