[SI-LIST] : Differential Impedance for FC

From: Nekrylova, Julia ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 13:14:48 PDT

Hi All,

It was probably discussed before but here is my question:
I noticed that Fibre Channel transceivers sometimes work with
100 Ohm differential pairs, other times with 150 Ohm pairs.
If an application note talks about using 150 Ohm,
does it mean that I have to stick with 150 Ohm, or I can go with 100 Ohm
(using, of course,
100 Ohm matching terminations)? It seems to me, that p2p voltage amplitude
will be smaller,
but if diff pair is designed carefully, and the signal is above the
threshold, it should not matter.
Am I right?

Thanks a lot,
Julia