[SI-LIST] : Interfacing 3.3V device with 2.5V device.

From: Jinto N.Jose ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 07:58:42 PDT

Hello Everybody !

        I have an application where I have to interface a 3.3V LVTTL I/O with a 2.5
V LVCMOS I/O. The 2.5V LVCMOS is claiming to be 3.3V tolerant. I have the
following doubt.

Even if the manufacturer of the 2.5V claims that the device is 3.3 V
tolerant, is it really advisable to subject it to 3.3V signals continuously
? Will it have an adverse effects on the long term reliability of the device
?

        Do anybody has suggestions for devices which can do this 3.3V to 2.5V
translation for a bi-directional bus.

Regards
Jinto