Re: [SI-LIST] : MECL System Design Handbook

From: Ritchey Lee ([email protected])
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 05:21:10 PDT

ROy,

First, right anlge bends don't represent a yield problem at PCB fabrication and
haven't since we stopped imaging with silk screen etch resists.

The real issue is that design departments often spend extra time making right
angle bends go away by "smoothing" the routed results. This extra time should
have an offsetting benefit. It doesn't.

Even worse, many companies have discarded cad systems because they cannot be
prevented from putting right angle bends in artwork. That is a real big cost
without an offsetting benefit.

Lee