Re: [SI-LIST] : best si tool

From: Perry Qu ([email protected])
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 10:01:02 PDT

Hi! David:

I'm interested in your comments about the 2D field solver in HSPICE. I did some
study on that and found that the dielectric loss calculated by HSPICE 2D field
solver is about half of the theoretical value. The version I used is 99.4. I
reported the problem to Avant! but did not get any feedback yet. Any similar
observations from your experience ?

And one more question, what does HPSPICE do that HSPICE does not ? Better
handling of frequency dependent effect of losses ? Not sure whether HPSPICE is
a standalone tool or associated with ADS/MDS.

Thanks

Perry Qu