RE: [SI-LIST] : 90-45 crnrs - used to be MECL System Design Handb ook

From: Dunbar, Tony ([email protected])
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 10:08:10 PDT

Back in the days when one's heart rate was faster than any of the clocks on
a board, didn't 45deg corners come about mainly to address the problem of
"acid traps"? No 70s and Woodstock jokes, please!

And then in the early 80s, didn't the capability to do radiused corners in
general (note, I put 'general', not RF, etc.) layout CAD tools proliferate
because one vendor did it either as a gimmick or to win a particular
benchmark? Then all had to do it because it was considered trendy; it would
never be used because it clogged up the routing algorithms and didn't
provide any performance advantages, but it looked pretty.

Tony