Re: [SI-LIST] : semi-rgid cable

From: Raymond W. Waugh ([email protected])
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 08:42:13 PDT

All reputable manufacturers of RF connectors provide applications
information, and most sell the tools (if necessary) to prepare the cable.

Ray
   Raymond W. Waugh - WSD Applications
   E-mail: [email protected]
   Wireless Semiconductor Division
   39201 Cherry Street, MS NK20
   Newark, California 94560

From: [email protected]
<[email protected]>
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 6:50 AM
Subject: [SI-LIST] : semi-rgid cable

Hello si-list,

I have a question concerning semi-rigid cable. How does one prepare the
cable
for connector attachement?
Currently we use a turning lathe (I hope this is correct translation: in
dutch
draaibank) to strip the outer
copper. However, we can only use this for short cable lengths (about 10cm).

What are the available techniques and tools? Is it possible to build these
tools
and operate them
manually? Or do you recommend to buy prepared semi-rigid cables.

Regards,

Jan Vercammen
Agfa-Gevaert NV