RE: [SI-LIST] : Attenuation on a PCB trace

From: Lorang, David D ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 13:01:57 PDT

I interested in whether on not anyone has modeled this degradation of rise
time (see excerpt below) that Mike has mentioned using a simulator. Can it
be done by building two transmission lines in the simulator, one for air
dielectric and one for FR4? If the two parallel transmission line method
works how would one calculated how much impedence to allocate to each
dielectric? Will a field solver tell you this?

Dave Lorang