RE: [SI-LIST] : Methods to introduce noise in power planes

From: Kai Keskinen ([email protected])
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 05:05:27 PDT

Ray and others:

We are using SPICE models of chips and injecting power supply noise to the
power inputs of the chip models to get a feel for the degradation we will
get on the real board. Does anyone have a recommendation for how to
determine the power spectrum of the noise? Similarly, for actual injection
of noise to the power plane, how do you determine what frequencies to
inject?

Thanks,

Kai Keskinen
Equipment and Network Interconnect
Nortel Dependability Solutions and Performance Networks (NSPaN)