RE: [SI-LIST] : Attenuation and Delay on a PCB Trance

From: Degerstrom, Michael J. ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 09:13:35 PDT

Paul,

Yes I understand your comments regarding jitter. The point
that I was making was that simulations made with the w-element
show very little DJ. If the DJ is caused mostly by
the non-uniform delay then the w-element model is not
doing its job correctly. Or perhaps I never modeled a
scenario such that the data rate, bit pattern, and
cable parameters taken collectively were sensitive to
DJ. One possibility - I usually model short lossy
pcb paths instead of longer cables and the longer paths
would probably be more susceptable to non-uniform delay effects.

Mike

Mike Degerstrom Email: [email protected]
Mayo Clinic; 200 1st Street SW ; Rochester, MN 55905
Phone: (507) 538-5462 FAX: (507) 284-9171
WWW: http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg/sppdg_home_page.html