RE: [SI-LIST] : Attenuation and Delay on a PCB Trance

From: Degerstrom, Michael J. ([email protected])
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 06:30:37 PDT

Paul,

I've noticed that w-element eye-diagram simulations show
very minimal jitter whereas your statements below suggest
to me that there should be jitter due to the internal inductance
effect. I haven't used the HSPICE w-element model for
a year or so but I have a technique to extract RLCG as
a function of frequency and the inductance was flat. I haven't
tried this yet for the new HSPICE w-element model with tabulated
RLCG vs. frequency.

I haven't directly looked into the lossy line equations but
in working with someone who has my impression was that the 1+j
factor was needed to provide a causal response. Also I thought
that the HSPICE w-element lossy line algorithm used the
1+j but it somehow does not affect the inductance versus frequency.

Mike

Mike Degerstrom Email: [email protected]
Mayo Clinic; 200 1st Street SW ; Rochester, MN 55905
Phone: (507) 538-5462 FAX: (507) 284-9171
WWW: http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg/sppdg_home_page.html